Toronto Naturopathic Doctor
Toronto Functional Medicine Centre also offers Naturopathic medicine services.
Wellness and naturopathic care centre conveniently located at downtown Toronto, Ontario.
Collaborative health services by a Naturopathic doctor and wellness practitioners using integrative functional medicine approach.
Top Things You Should Know About Naturopathy and Naturopathic Doctors
Finding a Naturopath Toronto Doctor may benefit your whole well-being. Why? Because naturopaths are practitioners of holistic healing; they are trained to optimize your health using natural therapy programs, such as changing your diet and suggesting new supplements. With the help of naturopathic medicine, you may transform your life in the long run using natural solutions.
So what do you need to know about naturopathic therapies and finding a Toronto naturopath? Check out the following information:
Quick Guide to Naturopathic Medicine
Think of naturopathy as a unique system that believes in mixing today’s science with natural therapies, encouraging the body to heal on its own. In other words, naturopathic medicine is evidence- and science-based while being intertwined with natural healings. It is a form of medicine that considers the patient as an individual; this means finding a natural approach that suits your needs and not somebody else’s.
Naturopath Toronto doctors follow these principles:
- Use nature as a source of treatment;
- Use natural therapy treatments that are the least invasive;
- Look at the causes behind a variety of health illnesses and conditions by pinpointing and addressing them;
- A doctor is not an authoritarian; he or she takes on the role of “teacher;”
- Encourages optimal health while preventing future illnesses.
Naturopathy is a safe form of treatment; naturopathic remedies are supported by peer-reviewed scientific journals. Research continues well into today’s laboratories, revealing more natural health findings and benefits. What’s most important is how naturopaths understand the individual body, while discovering how to restore its function under stress, such as illness.
What to Expect During Your First Visit
When you first visit a naturopath toronto doctor, he or she will get to know you as best as possible; for instance, what are your current symptoms? What do you hope to achieve for good health? What are your health goals? What is your health history? Family health history? A physical examination will occur; you may also be asked about the treatments you’ve received in the past from other health practitioners. Expect your first visit to last a few hours; subsequent visits may range in time, depending on the reason you’re seeking help.
Take Note: Naturopathic doctors may also practice other natural health care modalities, including lifestyle counselling, homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), IV therapy, acupuncture, herbal medicine, cold laser, shockwave and nutritional therapy.
To further understand your health, don’t be surprised if your Naturopath Toronto doctor requests medical testing, such as scans or X-rays. In addition to this, lab work may be requested, which may include testing the saliva, urine or blood, or food sensitivity testing.
Who Should Seek Help From a Naturopath?
There has been an increase in naturopathic service requests in the past 20 years. More patients are concerned about taking preventative measures on their health, especially when it comes to the impact of everyday stressors.
The ages of patients range from infants to children, to geriatric stages. According to the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), there are various types of people who use naturopathic medicine:
- Those with life-threatening conditions who yearn to improve their quality of life. In many of these cases, they use naturopathic medicine to reduce the side effects of customary treatments, like surgery. For example, cancer patients who are taking chemotherapy treatments with a medical doctor may see a naturopath for intravenous vitamin-C therapy as an adjunct therapy.
- Those who understand that good health is a process and lifestyle; they hope to create strategies that may help them prevent poor health.
- People who need a new perspective on their health; those who have struggled with treatments from other types of health care.
People with chronic health conditions may also find relief from naturopathic medicine. For example, a Toronto Naturopath, may help hinder a chronic disease by managing its root cause.
If there’s a reason a naturopathic practitioner may not help manage your condition, he or she will make reference for your health. Many naturopaths are trained to work alongside numerous health practitioners.
Your Next Steps: How to Find a Naturopath Toronto Doctor
Are you ready to seek the help of a Naturopath in your area? According to the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), there are 2,400+ practitioners in Canada. To find a naturopath toronto doctor suited for your health needs, follow these tips:
- Contact a reputable association, such as the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND) or the CAND. You can email or phone them for more information. Or you have the option of accessing both associations online, where you fill in your postal code for a list of the closest naturopaths near you.
- Review your prospective doctor’s website. By reading his or her articles, you might be able to get a feel for the practitioner’s demeanor.
- Ask your family, friends and coworkers for referrals. Word of mouth is an indicator of the doctor’s knowledge and bedside manner.
- Prior to your first appointment, make sure the doctor is properly trained and licensed to practice. For example, a Toronto Naturopath should have completed an undergraduate program with science prerequisites; completed four years in an accredited naturopathy program; and have already completed various exams, including the Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations and a provincial exam.
Most of all, make sure you’re comfortable with the naturopathic doctor you decide to choose. Many Naturopath Toronto practitioners offer a limited time for an introductory meeting, so take advantage of this offer to ask any pressing questions and health concerns.
Whether you have acute and/or chronic health conditions, finding a naturopath in Toronto’s downtown core may pleasantly surprise you. You might discover how naturopathic solutions may help optimize your health for the better. A combination of naturopathic treatments and integrative functional medicine approach with other wellness practitioners is used. Book a complimentary 15-minute introductory meeting by calling us at (416) 968-6961 or by emailing us here.