Please try to do these things before your first or subsequent IV therapy appointment:
1. Drink water before your time slot. This helps your veins become palpable for your session.
2. Some IV vitamins and minerals may lower blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Do eat a snack before your appointment to elevate blood sugar levels and prevent dizziness. No time for a snack? Let our IV providers know. We can provide snacks and prepare for possible lightheadedness that you might experience.
3. Park a few blocks away and walk to our clinic. This is because physical movement tends to heighten the blood flow directed at the muscles, which is what we want before administering an IV drip. The blood flow from arteries moves speedily compared to the blood outflow from our veins. This can cause a slight backup in the veins, resulting in dilated blood vessels.
4. Try not to take antihistamines and decongestants prior to an IV drip. These medications can prompt a constricting effect on the blood vessels, preventing us from finding your vein during an IV treatment. If you must take these medications, please be hydrated before your appointment, eat a snack, and take a quick walk or jog beforehand.
5. If you’re feeling nervous when you arrive, take a few minutes to relax. We recommend a deep-breathing exercise to relieve tension. When you sit in your session’s lounge chair, take slow deep belly breaths like this:
– Put one hand over your chest and the other hand over your lower abdominal area.
– Closely watch the hand on your lower abdominal area move outward during each breath. Is your hand on your abdominal area not expanding outward? Then focus on your abdominal area outward as you inhale.
– Try this five times before your IV therapy drip.