You may have heard about Naturopathy but do not fully understand what this healing practice is all about. Unlike conventional medicine which uses drugs to treat, naturopathy looks at its cause, addresses them, and uses various treatment methods which are natural and non-invasive. Read below to know more about how you can benefit from naturopathic medicine.
Way #1 – Multi-method approach.
Naturopathy uses various methods in the prevention and treatment of disease. According to the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Naturopathic practice includes the following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities:
– clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing
– nutritional medicine
– botanical medicine
– naturopathic physical medicine (including naturopathic manipulative therapy)
– public health measures
– minor surgery
– prescription medication
– intravenous and injection therapy
– naturopathic / natural childbirth
With the combination of these modern, traditional, scientific and tested methods, naturopathic medicine may significantly help improve the quality of your well-being.
Way #2 – Customized Treatment Plan.
Each person is unique and has different needs. When illness strikes, ND’s will evaluate a patient, identify the cause of his or her condition, and will come up with an individualized treatment plan.
At our wellness centre, your first visit will include a detailed health history, a complaint-oriented physical exam, and may also include testing as part of the initial assessment.
Our practitioers will then work with you and come up with a plan that addresses your specific health needs.
Way #3 – Promotes self-healing ability.
With the winter season, colds and flu are prevalent occurrences. Instead of bombarding your body with pills, there are alternative ways you can let your body heal itself the natural way.
In the article “Preventing and Treating Flu-Like Illness: Natural Medicine Recommendations for Cold Weather Times” by Amy Rothenberg, ND, in the Huffingpost, here are some of our favorite tips:
– Reduce refined sugar in the diet, especially things like soda, candy, and baked goods. Eating or drinking too much sugar curbs immune system cells that attack viruses and bacteria.
– Regularly take Astragalus membranaceus to protect and support the immune system, to help prevent colds and upper respiratory infections.
– Sambucus nigra shortens the duration of cold and flu symptoms.
– Take a probiotic much of the immune system arises from the gut.
You can read more on this post.
More and more people are realizing the many benefits of naturopathic medicine. Naturopathic treatments may help you take charge of your health. You can contact our clinic, and book an appointment.
Recommended reading: 3 Foolproof Health Tips For Better, Longer Life Expectancy