If you want to elevate your focus and memory, IV therapy from Toronto could offer surprising benefits.
Everyone is in a rush these days. Between full-time work, driving kids around to places, commuting, meal prep, and caring for elderly relatives, no wonder everyone is stressed! Unfortunately, frustrations from a hectic lifestyle can cause mood swings, memory loss, and other cognitive dysfunctions.
To keep up with daily happenings and reach health goals, some people are using IV therapy for supporting their overall health. Functional medicine providers recommend amino acids when customizing vitamin IV therapy; this is because they’re known for triggering healthy cellular functioning in the human body, which could result in cognitive enhancements.
Here, the Toronto Functional Medicine Centre explains how IV therapy with amino acids could contribute to improved brain function, which could help with maintaining your busy schedule.
Top 5 Cognitive Benefits of Amino Acids in IV Therapy
Amino acids in vitamin drip treatments can nourish brain health with essential nutrients, while helping to improve concentration. Here are five brain-related benefits to note if you opt for IV drip amino acids:
- Has the potential to boost energy: Taking IV amino acids for energy levels may be beneficial if you suffer from stress, anxiety, and poor sleep quality. Amino acids can help stabilize neurotransmitters, which could also boost energy. Thus, this type of vitamin drip is suitable for patients with low levels of serotonin or dopamine as support for treatment-resistant depression.
- Could help decelerate the onset of cognitive decline. Supplementation with amino acids, including those in IV therapy, could impact cognition and aging. In particular, regular IV amino acids could help delay the onset of age-related diseases (i.e. Alzheimer’s). Specific vitamin IV therapy drips made with amino acids (i.e. tryptophan, tyrosine, arginine) may offer support by producing neurotransmitters and neuromodulators.
- May help with downgrading stress. If you want to upgrade your memory for your Toronto career, consider amino acids for intravenous therapy. This is because the amino acid L-Tyrosine has demonstrated beneficial effects on memory via oral and intravenous routes. FYI: L-Tyrosine could also help reduce fatigue, a stress-related factor commonly experienced during mental performance at work.
- Could assist with managing depression and anxiety. L-Theanine is an amino acid responsible for helping regulate both serotonin and GABA levels. When you augment serotonin and GABA in the body, it can improve your mood. GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) are neurotransmitters that can avert or delay certain brain signals while reducing unwarranted activity in the nervous system. Inserting L-Theanine in your amino acids IV therapy drip could encourage mood stability while promoting relaxing effects in the mind and body.
- May offer a cognitive boost to your athletic performance. Do you need to improve your game reaction time? Intravenous drip therapy treatments with amino acids could affect how you think during physical activities. According to one study, a group of rowers experienced an improvement in reaction times after taking IV amino acids. This is an important improvement for some athletes, especially football and baseball players who need to make quick decisions.
How can our integrative IV therapy benefit your wellness? The Toronto Functional Medicine Centre is accepting new patients for their vitamin IV lounge. If you want to grab hold of your health for optimal functioning, take this moment to contact us for a consultation.
How to Get IV Therapy at the Toronto Functional Medicine Centre
At the Toronto Functional Medicine Centre, our medical doctor, naturopathic doctor and nurse practitioner are ready to educate you about amino acids and IV therapy.
Our integrative, patient-centered care can be applied to both in-person and virtual consultations for chronic and acute health issues. Conditions treated and managed include: nutritional deficiencies, adverse brain chemical changes, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune conditions, hormonal health concerns, blood pressure issues, thyroid conditions, adrenal fatigue, anti-aging effects, and age-related diseases.
As a functional medicine clinic, we take pride in embracing the individuality of each patient. Personalized treatments may consist of allopathic medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, and/or bio-identical hormone replacement therapies. IV infusion therapies are freshly compounded everyday and come with high dose vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and other essential nutrients.
Need help keeping up with your busy schedule? Let’s give you a hand! Click here to reach us for a DISCOVERY SESSION about IV therapy in Toronto.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is designed for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. This information should not be used to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting a doctor. Consult with a health care practitioner before relying on any information in this article or on this website.
Berger M, Gray JA, Roth BL. The expanded biology of serotonin. Annu Rev Med. 2009;60:355-366. doi:10.1146/annurev.med.60.042307.110802
Chromiak JA, Antonio J. Use of amino acids as growth hormone-releasing agents by athletes. Nutrition. 2002;18(7-8):657-661
Branched-Chain Amino Acids Enhance the Cognitive Recovery of Patients With Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Aquilani, Roberto et al. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Volume 86, Issue 9, 1729 – 1735
Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research. The Role of Protein and Amino Acids in Sustaining and Enhancing Performance. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1999. 14, Amino Acid and Protein Requirements: Cognitive Performance, Stress, and Brain Function. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK224629/
Miller M, Chen AL, Stokes SD, et al. Early intervention of intravenous KB220IV–neuroadaptagen amino-acid therapy (NAAT) improves behavioral outcomes in a residential addiction treatment program: a pilot study. J Psychoactive Drugs. 2012;44(5):398-409. doi:10.1080/02791072.2012.737727
Seo D, Patrick CJ, Kennealy PJ. Role of Serotonin and Dopamine System Interactions in the Neurobiology of Impulsive Aggression and its Comorbidity with other Clinical Disorders. Aggress Violent Behav. 2008;13(5):383-395. doi:10.1016/j.avb.2008.06.003
Stephens FB, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Laithwaite D, et al. An acute increase in skeletal muscle carnitine content alters fuel metabolism in resting human skeletal muscle. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91(12):5013-5018.
Trexler, E.T., Smith-Ryan, A.E., Stout, J.R. et al. International society of sports nutrition position stand: Beta-Alanine. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 12, 30 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-015-0090-y